English / Japanese

Shimshal Autumn Kuch Photography Tour

Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan


Mid October

Please contact us
In mid-October, the sheep, goats and yaks descend from the snow-covered mountains of Shimshal, all at once. There are people who spent the entire summer in the mountains and people who are awaiting the return of the livestock at the river’s suspension bridge. The Shimshal Village is bustling with movement, as they are preparing for the coming winter amongst the beautiful scenery of the autumn colors. Outside of the village, you will see the signs of the Kuch everywhere you look. The poplar trees which grow from the Hunza to the Upper Hunza are in their bright and beautiful fall colors, where the colors shine in golden hues.


Fly from Islamabad to Gilgit.Upon arrival drive to Karimabad, Central Hunza.
*If the flight is cancelled, drive to Karimabad(spend night at Chilas or Gilgit, arrive at Karimabad on the second day.)
Full day explore beautiful autumn scenery of Hunza. At sunset, you can see the high peaks of Karakorum in a golden light, from the hill of Duikal.
Drive to Shimshal Village. From Passu off-road starts. Before arriving Simshal village, you will see the Molonguti Glacier and Disthagil Sar (7,885m).
Enjoy & witness Welcome Kuch in Shimshal village.
Enjoy the entire day in Shimshal Village for the first day of Kuch.
Drive to Gilgit.
Fly from Gilgit to Islamabad.(In case of flight cancellation, drive to Islamabad. you will arrive late evening / midnight.)


Best time to visit
Mid October

Tour Price
Please contact us for price quotation based on the number of days, number of people, accommodation and vehicle type.

The flights from Islamabad to Gilgit are mountain flights, and operations are highly dependent on the weather. It is best to consider your travel schedule in case the flight is cancelled and you need to travel from Islamabad. The road from Passu to Shimshal Village is a very narrow, rocky road. The lodging in the village is at a local guesthouse. We will do our best to plan our arrival on the timing of the livestock returning to the village, but due to weather conditions, the Kuch could be delayed or sped up. Please be aware that local conditions may affect the trip.


Please note that no transport and rooms reserved at this stage. We will be thankful if you could give us tentative dates of the visit so that we can reserve the transport and hotels accordingly